Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog Primary purpose

So, why blog?
1. To Use It As A Bait
Blog is a good bait to attract traffic to your website.
First, if your blog is search engine optimized , it is a good bait to hook search engine traffic.
Second, if you provide useful information on your blog, it is a good bait to hook more traffic through networking and referrals from other bloggers.
Last but not least, it is a good bait to hook your existing traffic, who will revisit your website again and again.
2. To Differentiate Yourself From Others
With so many websites and competition on the net, it’s really not easy to make yourself stand out from the rest.
But with a good blog, you stand a much better chance.
Through blogging, you can connect with your audiance, let them know you better and thus foster better relationship with them.
People like to do business with people they trust. You know this, don’t you?
3. To Stimulate Your Creative Juice
Someone just posted a comment on this blog saying that he run out of things to write for his blog and ask how about me.
I don’t have such a problem because when I read the comments you guys and gals have posted, I will have new ideas for my next post.
The comments in my blog can also help me to generate ideas for my future projects.
The Purpose Of A Blog In Advertising
I said in my last post that it’s not a good idea to advertise your blog directly because the traffic is not likely to stick long. If you were to advertise, advertise to build a list.
But you can use a blog to increase the conversion rate of your ad, by using your blog as a tool to build your prospects’ trust and confidence in you.
If you have a decent blog, with some good posts and comments from the readers, you can direct the traffic from your squeeze page to your blog.